Warranty and Returns
Sockdolager Equipment is proudly made by hand in Central Oregon by a single person - me. I stand behind every product I make and will warranty any defects in stitching or construction. I make every effort to construct products with attention to detail, and with materials that will last a reasonably long time. However, I'm just one guy, and I will occasionally make mistakes. If that happens, please reach out to me via an email reply to your original order confirmation, and I will help you out.
What Qualifies as a Defect?
- I consider a defect to be a flaw in manufacturing or materials that renders the product unusable or that prevents the product from functioning as intended.
What Does Not Qualify as a Defect?
- All Sockdolager Equipment is cut and sewn by hand. Although rare, minor variations or irregularities in fabric or construction are possible. I do not consider such variations to be a defect—I consider them to be the mark of a hand crafted product.
- Normal wear and tear expected over the lifespan of a piece of gear.
- Damage caused by misuse, neglect, or improper storage.
I will provide a full refund on stock products in the first 30 days after the original date of purchase. Applies only to products that are in new, unused condition and in the original packaging. Unfortunately custom build orders cannot be returned unless they are defective.
I do not refund shipping charges on the original order or for return shipping costs.
- My goal is to respond to all email inquiries within 48 hours, unless noted on the announcement header of the site.
- For ordering custom gear, late fall and winter months are the ideal time to place your order. The spring and early summer is paddling season, and demand is quite high. I also plan to take time off to paddle in May and June, which can impact lead times. Lead times are likely to be longer in the spring and summer months, and the current lead times will be updated weekly on the announcement header.